This devotion was sent to us from a friend who trains pastors in India.
"For your husband is your Maker, Whose name is the Lord of hosts; And your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel, Who is called the God of all the earth.
Our meditation today:
This is a wonderful verse which has very rich meaning of each of the attributes of our Lord.
3. The Lord of hosts
5. Holy one of Israel
6. God of all the earth.
There is a rich meaning of all the above attributes. We were meditating, He is our Redeemer. This redeemer aspects has relationship to all other attributes.
1. The Redeemer concept developed from Exodus onwards. The Lord redeemed Israel from their physical bondage which has a direct implication of our redemption from sin and death, spiritual.
2. No redemption possible without shedding of blood. Hebrews chapter 9 specifically deals with the issue of redemption, comparing OT verses NT redemption ( 9:9 & 14). 3. We were under the bondage of devil and his power (Colossians 1 13,14). Jesus Christ our Lord paid it by His precious blood and redeemed us.
4. Christ is our Redeemer, like Boaz became the redeemer of Ruth. Ruth symbolizes the church and Boaz as Christ.
5. We are redeemed to be His, His alone. Complete recovery to be used by Him, to be His servants.
Compared the following points and added into our meditation:
The purpose of God redeeming the people of Israel. This is a wonderful imagery of the real lifestyle of Israel and the New Israel, we the church and each one of us. The people of Israel are redeemed by God:
1. To dwell among them (Ex.25:8;29;46; Deut. 23:14; Jn.1:14)
2. To be their God (Lev. 25:38; 26:12,13; 2 Cor. 6:16)
3. To sanctify them for Himself, a special people for Him (Lev. 22:32,33; 1 Thess. 4:3)
4. To be His servants (Lev. 25:42,55; isa.41;8;42:1;43:10; Rom. 1:2)
5. To separate them from the Gentiles (Lev. 20:24, 26; Deut.26:18,19; 1 cor. 10:20,21; 2 cor.6:14-17)
6. To be a Priest and a Holy nation for the Living God (Ex. 19:5,6; 1 Peter 2:9,10).
The redemption brings a special privilege for a special responsibility to perform.
Our prayer today Lord discipline us, help us, give your grace to be used by you. We're yours, your servants alone. Give us a single eye devotion towards you and to live in your presence eternally.
We will occasionally post Scripture meditations, encouraging stories, answers to prayer, or Bible Study notes here.